Saturday, July 16, 2005

Navigators "Parents Weekend"

Well, I haven't been able to get much use out of my sailboat this year, for lack of time, but I sort of made up for it today. It was the 3rd annual Parents Weekend for Green Mountain Summer 2005, a ministry of The Navigators. I was a team leader for the very first GMS in 2003. That year and each year since I've organized boating activities for the participants and their parents.

This year two friends from my church offered their time and boats. Jon and Heather, for the 3rd year in a row provided their Catalina 30 sailboat,000_0237 and James and Cynthia brought their Boston Whaler for tubing/skiing for the 2nd year in a row (can you make a row out of 2?). In between turns on the boats, everyone hung out on the beach and played frisbee, ate food, read, talked, swam, and whatever else one does at a beach.

48 of them got on the sailboat (4 one-hour trips of 12 passengers each), and I have no estimate of how many tubed and skied, but plenty. :)

Here's the pictures of the sailing
Here's the pictures of the tubing/skiing
Pics from my team leader days of GMS 2003 coming soon (many are already scattered thoughout my website)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home