Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Finally back on the water again! A few days ago I managed to pry the centerboard loose and then I waited for the perfect day and today was the day. Chad came along first, and we were soon joined by Megan. We sailed around in some very nice wind, and also hove-to for some brief swimming, which felt great on this really hot and humid day. Just as I was starting to bring them back to shore, a storm starting looming so we dashed back to the boat ramp and put the boat back onto the trailer. Chad and Megan had other plans for the rest of the day and left, but I left the boat set up hoping the storm would pass. It turned into a spectacular squall (pictures) that would have been very very bad to have gotten caught in with my little boat.

The storm only lasted an hour or so, and Dan came along for a brief sail after that (he was the only one with me on shore watching the storm). There wasn't much wind for this, so in the calm I actually remembered to take a few pictures. So we sort of bobbed around and then motored back to the boathouse and walked up to Burlington Bay Marketplace and had dinner. Then Dan went home, I sailed around alone for a few minutes, and then picked up Pam, Sam, and Fawn for a sunset and after-dark sail. The wind picked up a lot by this time, almost too much. It was a good adventure. It died down as we were coming back in around 10PM, making docking and tear-down easy.

The motor ran perfectly this time. I guess it must have been a bad batch of fuel before.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home