Sunday, August 21, 2005

Today was supposed to be thunderstormy, so as one would expect, it wasn't. Around 3PM Cat, Reva and I motored from my usual launch spot over to North Beach, where my church was having a picnic. There we picked up Andrea and Stephanie and sailed around for maybe an hour and8/21/05 North Beacha half. As we were coming back in, I got a call on my cell from Lydia and Melodie, who came for about a half hour sail after I dropped off the first four. There wasn't much wind, but they seemed to really enjoy it anyway, more than anyone who's ever sailed with me with low wind conditions, so that was cool. Most get kind of impatient when there's low or no wind. We only used the motor for the final 100 feet or so of our very short journey.

That's about all. This time I anchored the boat at the beach and waded in... never again will I beach the boat unless I can think of a modification that will prevent the centerboard jam situation. Converting it to a daggerboard is one idea I've come up with, but I'll wait and see if this anchoring-and-wading thing works out.

Cat took great pictures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home